VideoX is an introduction to the video creation process for edX.org. This course is part of the edX Learning Series and should be taken after completing StudioX. This course includes an Honor Code Certificate track option.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- identify best practices for video production and implement them in your edX course,
- recognize common pitfalls in the video production process and determine how to avoid such difficulties,
- train your instructor on edX best practices, including edX course segmentation and how to present content on-camera,
- create an effective plan for video production that accounts for time, resources and your production team's abilities,
- identify the main recording methods used in video production, understand what each method involves (in terms of technical, physical and logistical considerations) and employ them to create high-quality, impactful videos,
- utilize non-linear editing systems to manipulate your raw footage and incorporate graphics, animations and third-party media to produce polished video segments,
- describe the editing process from start to finish,
- encode your finished videos, upload them to edX and incorporate them into your course, and
- how to work with instructors - segmentation and how to talk to the camera
VIDEOX is a course for everyone and does not require any previous experience in video production. So what are you waiting for? Get started today!